The strain of coronavirus called covid19 which is spreading around the world has created panic for some people. It originated in Wuhan, China. We are being told that it jumped from an animal species to humans in a seafood and wildlife market in Wuhan.
What is Coronavirus?
It is a zoonotic disease which means that it spreads between animals and people. As it appears, symptoms show up in people within 14 days of exposure to the virus.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
Common symptoms are fever, cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, chills. Severe symptoms include high fever, breathing difficulty, severe cough, pneumonia, impaired liver function, kidney failure.
The Nature of a Virus
A virus is infectious and has the ability to mutate. It needs a host to survive and reproduce. It can infect humans, animals, plants, and even microorganisms although it is not a living cell like bacteria. Antibiotics cannot kill a virus.
How Coronavirus Spreads in the Body
1. The virus attaches itself to the host cell
2. It enters the host cell
3. It releases content into the host cell’s cytoplasm
4. It uses host cell to create new viral contents
5. It replicates inside host cell
6. Newly formed coronavirus leaves host cell
One way to fight coronavirus is to find a way that prevents the entry of the virus into the cell. This is important for us to understand. And if the virus has already entered the cell, then it is crucial to prevent the virus from replicating. Preventing the coronavirus from entering into the cell or replicating inside the cell is possible.
Your Immune System
While it is important to wash hands regularly, maintain social distance, and practice other acts that prevents the spread of coronavirus, your best weapon against this virus infection is your immune system. You have an army in your body capable of fighting this virus. Your responsibility is to equip this army. How do you do this? By providing the nutrient your body requires.
Ways the Immune System Responds to Viruses
The immune system responds to viruses through:
1. Cytotoxic cells: They promote the death of infected cells.
2. Interferons: These prevent the replication of viruses by directly interfering with their ability to replicate within an infected cell. They also act as signaling molecules that allow infected cells to warn nearby cells of a viral presence.
3. Antibodies: These neutralize the virus.
No Need for Panic
Coronavirus has high infectivity but low mortality.
SARS outbreak of 2003 had a mortality rate of 3-4%.
The MERS outbreak of 2012 had a mortality rate of 35%.
The Ebola outbreak of 2014 had a mortality rate of 50%.
This Coronavirus outbreak has a mortality rate of 2%.
The high infectivity of the virus makes it necessary for us to take action to protect ourselves. How do you protect yourself? By avoiding exposure and strengthening your immune system which works hard to defend your body.
How to Boost your Immune System
1. Proper sleep
2. Whole foods plant based diet
3. Natural food supplements
4. Drinking enough water to keep yourself hydrated.
DXN Reishi Gano is a powerful booster of immune system.
This post is for educational purpose hence should not be viewed as a substitute for competent medical care.